Chocolate Coconut Balls recipe with Condensed Milk – A sweet chocolate coated coconut ladoos made with condensed milk.
Who doesn’t love chocolate? Raise your hand. No seriously anyone? Well I thought right.. no one.. 🙂 And who doesn’t love coconut balls dipped in dark chocolate? Today I am sharing a simple desiccated coconut ladoo recipe coated in delicious chocolate. Coconut balls or coconut ladoos are a very popular and easy indian sweet recipe that can be made in no time. And when you combine coconut with chocolate the end result is simply amazing.
This coconut chocolate balls recipe is a no bake dessert recipe that even kids can make. You can make this recipe on any occasion. For festivals like Christmas & Diwali or simply for guests. Not only kids but elders too love these little chocolatey treat. As the summer holidays will soon starts, you can make these little treats and store them in tupperware and hide in refrigerator. Kids would simply love these sweet balls. I make these choco coco balls for a grown up kid (my hubby :P) who never misses to open refrigerator once he come home from office. He simply cannot resist these little chocolate treat.
I have just sprinkled some desiccated coconut on top to garnish but you can garnish it with some vermicelli or roasted dry fruits will also taste good.
In this post I have shown four different varieties of making chocolate balls and all are made with 3 or less ingredients. Before we jump into recipes here are few tips to make perfect choco coco balls.
Tips to make good chocolate balls
- Always use fine desiccated coconut so that it would be easy for you to roll into balls.
- Always use dark chocolate as it has more of cocoa content and not to sweet.
- If the mixture is too sticky and you are not able to roll the balls then add more desiccated coconut.
- Use fork to take out the balls from the chocolate after coating.
- Place the chocolate coated balls on aluminum foil or butter paper.
- Instead of double boiling chocolate you can melt the chocolate in microwave to save time.
Storage tips: Place the balls in an air tight container at room temperature or can also store it in the refrigerator.
Recipe of Chocolate Coconut Balls step by step with photos
Yummy and easy recipe of making chocolate coconut balls with just three ingredients: condensed milk, desiccated coconut and dark chocolate. I have used homemade condensed milk for this recipe. However you can use Nestle brand milkmaid or Amul milkmaid too.
For the quick recap of the recipe look at the recipe box at the end of the post.
In a non-stick pan take condensed milk. Start the gas and slowly heat the condensed milk.
Add the desiccated coconut to the condensed milk. Mix both the ingredients and cook at low flame for about 2 min.
Let the mixture get cool down for about 5 min. The mixture should start leaving the sides.
Once the mixture become warm start rolling ball out of the mixture and keep aside. In case if the mixture is sticking to your hand then grease your hands with oil or clarified butter (ghee).
By using the double boiling method melt the chocolate. Heat water in a pan and place a bowl full of chocolates on top. Chocolate should slowly start melting.
As you can see in the below picture the chocolate has started to melt. When chocolate melts halfway turn off the gas. Keep stirring and rest of the chocolate should be melted.
Once the chocolate melts completely take off from the water.
Slowely put coconut balls in the melted dark chocolate mixture and coat it with chocolate.
In the below picture the ball is coated well with the chocolate.
Now place the ball on top of aluminum foil.
Sprinkle some desiccated coconut on top of chocolate so that it sticks nicely to balls. Now place the balls in the refrigerator for about 10 min till they set.
Delicious no bake chocolate coconut balls are ready to serve.
2. To make coconut coated chocolate ladoo
- In this method melt the chocolate by double boiling method and add desiccated coconut. Mix well both the ingredients and make small balls out of the mixture. Keep the balls aside.
- Take the condense milk and desiccated coconut mixture in hand and make a flat puri then place the chocolate ball in the puri and coat well with coconut mixture.
And the coconut coated chocolate balls are ready to serve.
3. To make plain chocolate balls
- Just melt the dark chocolate using double boiling method and add desiccated coconut to the chocolate.
- Mix well both the ingredients and make round balls out of the mixture.
- Garnish it with desiccated coconut on top.
This way chocolate only balls are ready.
4. To make plain coconut ladoo
- In condense mik add desiccated coconut and mix well both the ingredients
- Make small balls out of the mixture.
- Garnish it with some desiccated coconut on top.
This way the coconut ladoo is ready to serve.
Chocolate Coconut Balls Recipe (Choco Coco Ladoos)
- Condensed milk : 200 grams
- Dark chocolate : 50 grams
- Desiccated coconut : 1 cup, unsweetened
- In pan take condensed milk and combine it with desiccated coconut.
- Mix both ingredients and cook for about 2 min on low flame.
- Let the mixture get warm and then shape into small balls.
- Grate the dark chocolate in the bowl.
- In another bowl heat water and once the water starts boiling place the chocolate bowl on top (double boiling method).
- Once the chocolate is melted take off the bowl.
- Slowly put all the coconut balls in chocolate and coat nicely with chocolate and place the ball on top of aluminum foil or butter paper.
- Repeat the above step for remaining coconut balls.
- Place the balls in the refrigerator for about 10 min to set.
- Chocolate coconut balls are ready to serve. Place the balls on cupcake liner and serve.
Other sweets & dessert recipes similar to coconut chocolate balls