Chana Jor Garam recipe: A simple easy to make chaat recipe of famous chana jor garam.
Chana jor garam is a spicy and a tangy snack loved by everyone in the family. This simple chaat has childhood memories attached to it :-). We used to wait for local “chana jor garam wala” who used to come in our neighborhood with his hand cart to sell this delicious chaat. Gone are those beautiful days 🙂 we used to had thelawala’s who bought all sorts of vegetables, fruits, chaat, ice golas.. now we order everything online in India 😀
Indian street food is full of colors, aroma and spices. We have so many different varities of dishes available on street. I hope we continue to get street food on streets otherwise I will hate ordering ragda patties on foodpanda or tiny owl :D. Getting back to chana jor garam.. I think this is one of the oldest street food still popular in India. There is a famous bollywood hindi song (by kishor kumar, lata mangeshkar) dedicated to this street food “chana jor garam”. I couldn’t stop myself linking that song here. So enjoy… chana jor garam..
Here in this recipe of chana jor garam, I have used store brought chanas. However it is easy to make chana jor at home too. I will soon try to publish a special recipe for making chana jor at home.
There is hardly a recipe. All you need is freshly chopped tomatoes, onion, few spices and a green chutney. I have made coriander chutney in advance and kept it ready. You can find recipe of green chutney here. Just keep a thing in mind that assemble the chaat right before serving. Otherwise it will get soggy. Keep the chana jor in an air tight.
Let’s check the step by step recipe of chana jor garam chaat.
Chana Jor Garam Recipe with step by step pictures
A very easy and simple chaat recipe to make in few minutes by assembling all the ingredients . So lets go through the ingredients: chana jor, chopped tomatoes, chopper onions, chaat masala, green chilies, fresh coriander, red chili powder, green chutney, lemon juice.
Take chana jor in a mixing bowl. (I have used store bought chana jor)
Then add chopped onions to the chana jor.
Time to add chopped tomatoes.
Then add green chutney as requires in your chat.
Now add chaat masala as it is a chat so it should be little tangy.
Add red chili powder as required or you are free to avoid it completely.
Now add the fresh coriander and green chili as required.
Add few drops of lemon juice.
Mix well all the ingredients and your spicy/tangy chaat is ready to serve in no time.
Chana Jor Garam Chaat Recipe Box
- Chana jor (Dried flattened black gram): 1 cup
- Green chutney : 1 tbsp or as required
- Onion : 1/3 cup, finely chopped
- Tomato : 1/2 cup, finely chopped
- Red chili powder : 1/2 tsp
- Chaat masala : 1 tsp
- Green chilies : 1 piece or as required
- Fresh coriander : 1 tbsp chopped
- Lemon juice : 1 tsp or as required
- Finely chop tomatoes, onion, fresh coriander and green chili.
- Prepare green chutney in advance.
- In a mixing bowl take required chana jor for making chaat.
- Then add finely chopped onion, tomatoes and green chutney.
- Add some tangyness and spiciness to your chat by adding chaat masala, red chili powder, chopped coriander, green chili and lemon juice to your chaat.
- Mix well all the ingredients and your chaat is ready to serve.
- Serve chana jor garam chaat instantly to avoid getting soggy.
Other Indian chaats & street food recipes:
- pav bhaji recipe
- sev puri chaat | pani puri
- ragda patties recipe
- surati collegian chaat
- canapes chaat (healthy chaat recipe)
Install Free Android App
Get new recipes via Email. Enter your email address.