Leftover Khichdi Paratha Recipe: Its been a long time since I published any recipe! I have taken up a full time job so I was not able to experiment recipes and share with you all. But this year I have made up my mind and I will post new recipes for my lovely viewers.
I am sharing a very basic leftover recipe from khichdi. We Indians love to renovate/reuse leftover ingredients. Whether it is leftover boiled rice or khichdi, we have so many recipes for leftovers.
To give a healthy touch to leftover khichdi paratha, I have added different types of flours available in home. Adding a bit of bajra, jowar etc is good once a while.
Lets check the step by step recipe of leftover khichdi paratha.
Leftover Khichdi Paratha Recipe with step by step pictures
To make this paratha we will need leftover khichdi, ginger & garlic paste,
Note: You can also add just the wheat flour if you don’t have all these different flour.
In a mixing bowl take the leftover khichdi. If you have added peanuts to your khichdi then do remove them as you cannot roll the paratha nicely.
Then add all the flour to the khichdi and if you don’t have all the flour then you can add only wheat flour to make this khichdi. I have added so many flour to give a healthy touch to my paratha.
Once you add flour, mix well all the flour into the khichdi and then add all the indian spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, ginger, garlic paste and oil.
After adding all the masala mix well with the help of your hand.
Add water to the flour to make a dough. Slowly add the water as you don’t need much water to knead the dough.
Once the dough is ready then make small round lemon size balls and dip it in dry wheat flour and start rolling out with the help of a rolling pin.
Heat a tawa or flat bottom skillet and place rolled parathas on it. Apply some oil on one side and let it cook for 20-30 seconds. Flip the paratha to other side and apply oil. Cook the paratha on either side by greasing little oil. Cook until the paratha looks golden.
Leftover khichdi paratha is ready to serve.
Leftover Khichdi Paratha Recipe Box
- Leftover Khichdi : 3/4 cup
- Ginger & Garlic paste : 1 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Red chili powder : 1/2 tsp
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Maize flour (makki flour) : 1/4 cup
- Pearl millet flour (Bajra) : 1/4 cup
- Sorghum flour(jowar flour) : 1/4 cup
- Gram flour (besan) : 1/4 cup
- Wheat flour : 1/2 cup
- Salt : 1/2 tsp
- Water: 4 tbsp
- Take the leftover khichdi in a mixing bowl and add all the flour to it. Mix well all ingredients.
- Add Indian spices like turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, ginger,garlic paste and oil.
- Mix well all the ingredients with the help of hand.
- Add water as required and knead the dough.
- Once the dough is ready take the lemon size ball and dip it into the dry wheat flour and start rolling the paratha.
- Heat tawa or flat bottom skillet and place rolled parathas on it. Apply some oil on one side and let it cook for half a minute. Flip the paratha to other side and apply oil. Cook the paratha on either side by greasing with oil. Cook until the paratha looks golden.
- Yummy khichdi paratha is ready to serve. You can serve this paratha with masala curd.
GEETA saysJanuary 21, 2018 at 8:04 pm
Welcome back HAPPY NEWYEAR 2018 to you and your whole family members dear friends goodluck LOVE YOU ALL I was missing you so much thanks for posting recipes I will try this recipes thanks
Bandita Dirghangi saysJanuary 24, 2018 at 9:53 am
Fantastic Recipe !!!!!!!!!
Priya @priyascurrynation saysFebruary 20, 2018 at 7:12 pm
good to see you back gopi.. lovely recipe.