Green beans onion tomato recipe – A delicious Indian curry recipe of french beans with onion and tomato cooked in few spices.
Green beans can be cooked in curry in different ways. You can make green beans with gravy or dry sabzi. This vegetable is available in almost all season. It remains fresh in refrigerator for long and hence whenever I am buying veggies, I always buy this green beans too.
This green beans or fansi has many health benefits. Green beans are packed with anti oxidant which are good for your eyes and skin. They are rich in vitamin A, C and K and are good mineral source. Also Individuals with diabetes or those who at a risk of developing diabetes will benefit from eating green beans since they help to control the glucose levels of the blood.
Green beans can also be used in vegetable pulao and other rice preparations. A small cut of this versatile vegetable is used in soup recipes too. Kids generally love this vegetable like okra or bhindi. Hence you can use this vegetable in almost all kind of recipes. I have shared other recipes like potato green bean sabzi and green bean in curry on this website.
Let us check the recipe of green beans onion tomato sabzi.
Recipe of Green Beans Onion Tomato Sabzi with step by step pictures
To make this delicious sabzi recipe of french beans, onion and tomato. We will cut the vegetables in pieces as shown in below picture. We will need some usual Indian spices like cumin, red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder etc.
Let us start by heating oil in a kadhai. Once the oil is hot add jeera (cumin seeds).
Once the jeera start turning brown add hing (asafoetida).
Now add onion slices and saute the onion for 1 minute.
Saute the onion slices for 1-2 minutes.
Then add chopped tomatoes.
Let the tomatoes get cooked for 1 minute until it softens.
Now add chopped french beans or green beans.
Stir well and add haldi (turmeric powder). Also add salt as per your taste.
Mix and let the sabzi get cook for 1-2 minutes.
Now add other dry spices like red chili powder and coriander powder.
Mix the spices with curry and cook for 5-7 minutes.
Green Beans Onion Tomato Recipe Box
- Green Beans:1 cup
- Onion: 1/2 cup
- Tomato: 1/2 cup
- Jeera (cumin): 1 tsp
- Hing (hing):1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder:1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder:2 tsp
- Red chili powder: 1 tsp
- Salt:1/2 tsp
- Wash and cut the green beans into small pieces. Slice the onions and cut tomatoes into small pieces.
- Heat oil in kadhai and add cumin seeds.
- Once the cumin turns brown add hing (asafoetida).
- Now add sliced onions and saute the onions for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes and cook for 1-2 minutes until it becomes soft.
- Now add chopped green beans (french beans) in kadhai.
- Add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder mix well. Also add salt as per your taste.
- Cook the sabzi for 5-7 minutes.
- Delicious green beans onion tomato sabzi is ready. Serve this sabzi hot along with chappati, dal and raita.
Other delicious curry recipes similar to green beans curry