Corn ki sabzi is one of my favourite curry and it’s very easy to make. There are different ways to make corn ki sabzi. I have used curd to make the gravy of this sabzi. I have added one tablespoon of besan in curd, this is because while we cook the curd will not get separated.
In our corn ki sabzi, I have added kasuri methi for the taste. Kasuri methi is optional where in if you don’t like don’t use it. But I like the taste that it gives to sabzi. Even the turmeric powder is optional. Turmeric powder gives yellow color to corn ki sabzi. If you want the gravy to be white, you can ignore turmeric powder.
In corn ki sabzi with less Ingredients we get the very unique taste.
Optionally we can also add green methi leaves to this corn ki sabzi. It has very peculiar taste. Read more about Corn methi ki sabzi here.
You can serve corn ki sabzi with phulka or chapattis.
Let’s start with the sabzi.
How to make corn ki sabzi:
1. Heat oil in a pan and add cumin seeds. Once the cumin seeds crackles add ginger/garlic/onion paste. Saute the paste till the onion cooks. Add green chillies, turmeric and curd. Also add salt to your taste.
2. Mix the ingredients properly and let it cook for a minute. Add kasuri methi to this gravy.
3. Add boiled corn kernals to the gravy. Stir the curry and cook till you get medium consistency.
4. The corn ki sabzi is ready. Garnish it with chopped green coriander leaves and serve hot with chapatis.
- Sweet corn kernals: 1/2 cup, boiled
- Curd: 1/2 cup, wisked
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Besan (Bengal gram flour): 1 tbsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera): 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder: 1/4 tsp
- Green chillies: 2 pieces, chopped
- Green coriander: 2 tbsp, chopped
- Kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves): 1 tsp
- Ginger: 1/2 inch piece
- Garlic: 1/2 tbsp
- Onion: 2 medium pieces
- Salt: 1 tsp or to taste
- Make a fine paste of Ginger, garlic and onion in a chopper/mixer.
- Take the curd in a bowl and add besan (Bengal gram flour).
- Mix well and see that there are no lumps in it.
- Heat the oil in the pan or kadhai and add cumin seeds.
- Let the cumins get crackle then add ginger, garlic and onion paste and stir for some time till onion gets cooked.
- Add salt, turmeric powder, kasuri methi , green chill, curd and besan mixture and corn kernals and stir it.
- Let it cook till the gravy comes to medium consistency.
- Then turn off the flame and garnish corn ki sabzi with green coriander leaves.
- Corn ki sabzi is ready to serve.