Moong dal vada recipe – Here is an easy recipe of moong dal vada that you can make in no time with some pre-preparation. Who don’t love these fried fitters or pakoras on a cold rainy day or winter evening. These vadas are prepared during any day and can be enjoyed along with a hot cup of tea or mint chutney.
Yellow moong dal is used in Indian cuisine quite often and we can make so many different varieties of dishes using this one ingredient. Normally we make dal that goes well along with steamed rice. Or we use moong dal in khichdi. But once a while you can try something new with moong dal and make these delicious vada.
This moong dal vadas are been eaten in North western part of India like Gujarat and Rajasthan. This vada is very easy to make as you just need to soak the mung dal and that’s it. The moong dal vada will be ready in no time. You can have this moong dal vada as the evening snack with hot tea or can make when children comes home from school.
Related: Chana dal vada recipe
This vada is so easy to make that you can make it for kitty party or potluck party too. Whatever way you want just try these mouth watering yellow moong dal vada. They taste simply superb.
Let us check the step by step recipe of moong dal vada along with pictures.
Recipe of Moong Dal Vada with Step by step photo
Rinse the yellow moong dal thoroughly in water and soak it for about 2 hours in water.
Once the yellow moong dal is soaked, coarsely grind it in the mixture grinder or food processor.
As you can see in the below picture that moong dal is coarsely grounded.
Ingredients to be used to make moong dal vada are spring onion, cumin seeds, green chilies, fresh coriander, ginger and salt to taste.
Take the moong dal batter in a mixing bowl and add spring onion, cumin seeds, green chili, fresh coriander, ginger and salt to taste mix well all the ingredients.
As you see the below picture mix well the ingredients. Check the seasoning of batter and if required add a little salt and mix it well.
To fry moong dal vada, heat around 3 cups of oil in a frying pan/kadhai. Once the oil is hot take a portion of moong dal vada batter and carefully put it in hot oil.
Fry the vada till it is golden in color
With the help of strainer take the vada out.
And place the vada on paper napkin/kitchen towel so that excess oil will get soaked. Delicious moong dal vada are ready to serve. You can serve these vada hot along with some fresh coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
Moong Dal Vada Recipe Box
- Moong dal (split): 1 1/2 cup
- Spring onion: 1/3 cup
- Cumin seeds / Jeera: 1 tsp
- Fresh coriander: 1/4 cup
- Green chili: 1 tsp or to taste
- Ginger: 1 tsp
- Salt:1 tsp or to taste
- Oil: 3 cups for frying
- Soak the moong dal for about 2 hours in water.
- Chop the spring onion, green chili and coriander (cilantro).
- Coarsely grind the soaked moong dal.
- In the coarsely ground moong dal add all the ingredients : green chili, fresh coriander, ginger, cumin seeds/jeera, spring onion and salt to taste mix well all the ingredients.
- Now moong dal vada batter is ready.
- Heat the oil in a pan for frying the vada.
- Once the oil is hot put the vada in oil one by one slowly.
- Cook till the wada is golden in color.
- Moong dal vada is ready to serve.
- Serve moong dal vada hot along with some coriander chutney or tomato ketchup.
Here are few recipes similar to moong dal vada recipe.
Recipes similar to Moong Dal Vada
Install Free Android App
Get new recipes via Email. Enter your email address.