Cake recipe in pressure cooker – A simple delicious basic eggless chocolate cake recipe in pressure cooker.
I am sharing my first cake recipe on this website today. I have been trying my hands on baking for a while now. Mostly I am making cakes and muffins in small quantities. The results were quite astonishing. Given the fact that very few homes in India have an oven at home, I have decided to make well known baking recipes that asks for oven and tweak them a bit so that they can be made on stove top or pressure cooker.
Here is a simple eggless cake recipe in a pressure cooker. You will need a bigger size of pressure cooker for this cake recipe. I have spread around 1-2 inch thick layer of gravel inside pressure cooker and pre-heat it for 5-7 minutes before baking the cake.
Do not worry if it does not work in first try. Baking is more a science and hence you must follow each and every steps carefully. Just follow these easy steps of making eggless chocolate cake at home and I am sure it will come out well.
Few tips to make perfect cake in pressure cooker
- Always use the fresh baking powder and baking soda.
- Use all the ingredients at room temperature for good result.
- Let the cake cook down completely for about 2 hrs and then unmold it.
- To check if cake is done or not, use the tooth pick or skewer or cake tester to check the cake.
- Grease the cake tin well so that the cake will not stick to the tin.
- Always pre heat the cooker before placing the cake.
- While reducing the flame gradually reduce the flame.
Easy Cake Recipe in Pressure Cooker with step by steps photo
Some basic ingredients needed to make the cake are plain flour or maida, cornflour, milkmaid or condensed milk, soda water, powdered sugar, milk, oil, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, drinking chocolate powder and vanilla essence. The exact quantities of each of these ingredients are shown in the recipe box below.
Before we begin lets prepare the cake tin for baking. We are going to bake our cake in a pressure cooker. Grease well the cake tin with oil so that the cake does not stick to the mold and comes out easily. Also dust some plain flour in the cake tin.
Tap a little and remove any excess of plain flour. Once properly dusted the cake tin should look like this.
Now take a large mixing bowl and sieve all the flours. This step will make sure that the cake remains lumps free. Sieve plain flour (maida) with cornflour, soda bi-carb and baking powder. Keep the flour aside.
In another mixing bowl take powdered sugar and milkmaid and mix well with the hand beater. This way the sugar will not spill out. Then use a beater and beat the milkmaid and sugar well together.
This is how it looks after mixing sugar and milkmaid.
With the help of the electric beater beat till light.
Then add oil to the mixture.
Now again beat the mixture till the oil blends well with the sugar and condense milk.
After beating the mixture will look like this.
Now add the flour mixture and milk and mix well with the help of wooden stick or rubber spatula. Mix the batter using cut and fold technique.
Now the batter will look like this.
Now add the flavor to the cake. Add vanilla essence, drinking chocolate powder, coco powder. (Note: To make plain vanilla cake just add vanilla essence and skip the drinking chocolate and coco powder)
Now the cake batter is ready .
At last add the soda water.
Mix quickly the soda water in the batter.
Then pour the batter in the greased mold.
Tap the mold 3 times to spread the cake batter evenly on all sides.
Ppre heat the pressure cooker for about 5-7 min. Place the mold carefully in the pre heated cooker and cook the cake on high flame for about 15 min and then gradually lower the flame and cook for about 45 min on low flame.
Once the cake is done check the cake with the help of tooth pick or skewer or cake tester. If it comes out clean then you cake is done. Do not use the knife for checking.
Let the cake get cool down for about 2 hrs or else there are chance that cake might break .
After 2 hrs unmold the cake on a wire rack.
This is how it looks.
With the help of bread knife cut the cake. Apply any icing of your choice or spread chocolate ganache on top and make delicious chocolate cake.
Easy cake recipe in pressure cooker
- Condensed milk : 200 grams (1/2 tin)
- Milk : 1/2 cup
- Oil : 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar : 3 tbsp
- Plain flour (maida) : 1 cup
- Cornflour : 1/4 cup
- Coco powder: 1 tsp
- Drinking chocolate : 3 tsp
- Soda bi-carb : 1/2 tsp
- Baking powder : 1 tsp
- Soda water : 1/4 cup
- Vanilla essence: 1 tsp
- Medium baking tin for 6-7 inch diameter
- Around 5 liter pressure cooker.
- Sift the plain flour (maida) with cornflour, soda-bicarb and baking powder. Keep aside.
- Mix sugar and condensed milk separately and beat it using a whisker till its light. Beat well to mix.
- Add half of the flour and half the milk. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Add essence and remaining flour and milk mixing it well.
- Grease the cake tin with oil and apply some plain flour.
- Pre-heat a pressure cooker for 5-7 minutes.
- Pour the soda and mix quickly in batter.
- Immediately pour the batter in the prepared tin.
- Bake for 15 minutes on high flame and gradually lower the heat and bake on low flame for another 45 minutes.
- Once the cake is done, check the cake with a skewer or cake tester if it comes out clean.
- Let the cake cools down completely for atleast 2 hour before un-molding it. Unmold the cake on wire rack and let it cools down.
- Basic cake is ready. Cut the slices of cake and top it with any icing of your choice. Also you can top the cake with melted chocolate ganache.