Kachi Keri Sharbat Recip (Raw Mango Sharbat for Summer) – A tasty cooling and thirst quenching drink made from raw mango to ease the heat of summer afternoons. Today let me share a recipe of easy summer drink “kachi keri ka sharbat”. As its name suggest it is made from raw mango. During summer season raw and ripe mangoes are easily available in market. Around the end of feburary and starting of march, raw mangoes starts appearing in local grocery stores. This is the best time to get fresh and cheap raw mango and prepare various recipes with them.
Raw mangoes or kachi keri have many health benefits. Not only they help in easing the heat of summer but also helps the body remain hydrated. That’s why we use raw mangoes and make so many different recipes like kachi keri achaar (pickle), raw mango sweet pickle (katki), aam panna, etc. Among all these recipes the kachi keri sharbat is easiest to make.
Related: variyali sharbat (saunf sherbet)
This kachi keri sharbat is quick and easy to make and is best for children. It has cooling effect on body and prevent heat stroke. So if your kid is coming home from school on a hot afternoon then don’t forget to make this kachi keri sharbat. During school exams also you can make this sharbat and give it to children so that they feel fresh and tension free 🙂 Along with raw mango, I have also added mint (phudina) in this sharbat. Mint also has cooling effect on body and is great in summer.
A lot of mango drinks are available in market these days. I avoid buying ready made products as they have so many preservatives. And also we don’t know if they are made from the fresh stuff or just by flavoring agents. It is hence highly advisable to make fresh raw mango juice and serve. After all it hardly take time to make this keri sharbat.
Raw mango is a healthy and nutritious fruit. Let’s check few health benefits of raw mango.
10 Benefits of having raw mango in summer
- Raw mangoes when consumed along with a pinch of salt helps prevent water loss in the body. Also it prevents high temperature during the summers.
- Scurvy diseases is the deficiency of vitamin C in body. Dry mango powder is highly rich in vitamin C and prevents scurvy diseases.
- Excessive sweating during summer results in loss of vital minerals from body such as iron and sodium chloride. Raw mangoes prevents the loss of minerals.
- Eating raw mango helps in healing of the stomach problems like indigestion, diarrhea etc there by curing stomach problems.
- Many problems related to blood like anemia, blood cancer, bleeding problems etc can be prevented by consuming raw mangoes. These mangoes helps in rejuvenating body cells and helps in increase the immune system.
- Boiled raw mango juice consumed in summers before going out in heat prevents sun stroke.
- Raw mango cleanses the body and increases the secretion of bile juice for better liver health.
- Pregnant women can find a better health by consuming raw mango in the moderate amount to prevent morning sickness.
- Eating raw mangoes help in building the immune system of the body keeping one younger and healthier.
- Eating raw mangoes keeps the gums healthy and prevents the early falling of teeth. Also, it prevents the bleeding of the gums, bad odor and tooth decay.
Raw mango is used in preparation of a healthy drink known as Aam panna. It is very famous during summer days in Maharashtra. This recipe of kachi keri sharbat is an instant version of aam panna. Aam panna is made by boiling the raw mangoes and taking out pulp. I will share the recipe of aam panna soon. Till then enjoy the kachi keri sharbat. 🙂
Kachi Keri Sharbat Recipe Box
- Raw mango (Kachi keri): 1/2 cup
- Mint (Phudina): 10 leaves
- Sugar: 1 tbsp
- Roasted cumin powder: 1 tsp
- Rock salt: 1 tsp
- Water: 3 cups
- Wash and cut the raw mangoes into medium size pieces.
- Take raw mango pieces in a mixture/food processor jar and add sugar, mint leaves, roasted cumin powder and rock salt.
- Add water and blitz into smooth juice.
- Using a strainer, strain the juice and remove any solid parts.
- Kachi keri sharbat is ready.
- Pour the kachi keri sharbat into glasses and add ice cubes. Serve chilled.
- Optionally add raw mango chunks into the sharbat while serving.