Green chilies sambharo recipe with steps (marcha no sambharo) – A quick 5 minute side-dish made from stir-fried green chilies. Well-known as gujarati marcha no sambharo.
Here is another 5 minute recipe of a side dish that’s quite common in my place. Gujarati sambharo is a side served during lunch. This quick side dish comes with lot of varieties. Any vegetable is quickly stir-fried to prepare sambharo. You can make sambharo from cabbage, tindora, carrot etc. It’s generally salted and has salty taste. That balance the gujarati thali’s dal rice sabji roti.
This recipe of chilies sambharo is not very well known among youngsters in City. However if you go to any rural town in Gujarat, the locals still make this sambharo everyday in lunch. I know a lot of people who need marcha sambharo in their daily lunch menu. I still cook this sambharo everytime my uncle visits me who is fond of marcha sambharo.
Like any other sambharo dish, this marcha no sambharo is very easy to make. I have used big green chilies which are less spicy compared to small once to make this sambharo. There is a variety of green chili called “bhavnagari marcha” which is quite popular in Gujarat. Sambharo made from this chili taste really great.
If you are planning a lunch party for guests then do add this green chilies sambharo in menu. It hardly take any time and the spice lover would definitely gonna appreciate this dish.
Let’s check the step by step recipe of 5 minutes Gujarati marcha no sambharo.
Recipe of Green Chilies Sambharo (Marcha No Sambharo) with step by step pictures
Heat oil in a non-stick pan or kadhai. Normally the sambharo is cooked in lesser quantity so a small pan would also do. Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds (rai) and ground fenugreek seeds (methi dana powder).
Once the mustard seeds (rai) starts crackling, add hing (asafoetida).
Add the chopped green chilies in oil and quickly stir fry.
Add haldi (turmeric powder) in chilies and stir well.
Also add salt as per taste.
Give a quick stir and mix everything together.
Let the green chilies saute for 2-3 minutes. Do not let them get mushy. Just quickly stir fry and that’s it. Gujarati “marcha no sambharo” or green chili sambharo is ready. Serve the sambharo as side dish along with any main course dish.
Green Chilies Sambharo (Marcha No Sambharo)
- Green chilies: 1 cup
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Hing (asafoetida) : 1/8 tsp
- Mustard seeds (rai): 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek powder (methi powder) : 1/2 tsp
- Salt : 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Wash and cut the green chilies in medium pieces. Remove the seeds to reduce the heat from chilies.
- Heat a pan or kadhai and add oil.
- Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds (rai) and grounded methi seeds.
- Add hing (asafoeitda) as soon as mustard starts fluttering.
- Now add green chilies and give a good stir.
- Add haldi (turmeric powder) and salt as per taste.
- Mix everything quickly and saute green chilies for 2-3 minutes.
- Green chilies sambharo or marcha no sambharo is ready. Serve green chilies sambharo as side dish along with lunch.
Other side-dish recipes similar to Gujarati sambharo