Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe – Delicious, fragrant and fluffy chocolate pound cake recipe with instructions and steps. A must try recipe if you want to surprise your loved ones.
Who can resist a dark brown chocolate cake which will full of flavors. Mouthwatering treat that is just irresistible. This chocolate pound cake recipe is very easy and a must try even if you are getting started with baking recipes. Previously I have shared eggless chocolate recipe baked in pressure cooker. However this recipe is cake recipe with egg. I have used a couple of eggs for baking. If you are pure vegetarian then don’t worry. Soon I will try to share eggless chocolate pound cake recipe.
I have divided this recipe of chocolate pound cake in two major sections. First we prepare the cocoa powder mixture which we divide into 1/3 and 2/3 part. The 1/3rd part is used along with semi sweet chocolate slab to prepare chocolate glaze that we spread on top of our pound cake. Rest of the mixture is combined with plain flour to prepare cake mix.
Lets check the step by step recipe of Chocolate Pound Cake.
Chocolate pound cake recipe with step by step pictures
To make this yummy chocolate pound cake recipe we will need egg, sugar, cocoa powder, butter, all purpose flour (maida), baking powder, salt, semi sweet chocolate and milk. Check the recipe box at end of this post to know exact quantities of ingredients.
Heat the cubes of butter in a sauce pan and let the butter melt. Melt the butter on low flame or else butter will burn.
Once the butter melts completely, add sugar, cocoa powder and milk and give a stir. Cook the mixture till one boil and then turn off the flame.
To make the chocolate glaze for pound cake
In another bowl take the semi sweet chocolate and then pour 1/3 of the mixture on top of the chocolate as shown in the picture. As the cocoa and butter mixture is hot it will melt the chocolate. Keep the melted chocolate aside.
To make the Cake batter for chocolate pound cake
In a clean bowl, take the egg white and beat it with electric blender until it become foamy and forms stiff peaks as shown below.
Add the egg yolk to the cocoa mixture. This is optional and you can skip if you want.
Add plain flour (maida) to the cocoa mixture and combine everything well.
Then add salt and baking powder to the cocoa syrup and again combine.
Now Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the mixture and mix well with the help of a spatula. Our cake batter is ready to bake now.
I have lined the baking tin with parchment paper so that the cake come out easily. Pour in the prepared cake chocolate batter.
As in the below pic you can see that the cake batter is filled and ready to go inside the oven.
To bake the chocolate pound cake
Pre heat the oven for about 5 minutes at 180 degree C. Once done, place the cake tin carefully in oven and bake for about 30-35 minutes at 180 degree C. Once baked, turn off the oven and check the cake with a toothpick. If the cake pass toothpick test (if it come out clean) its done.
And… Our chocolate pound cake is ready 🙂
To glaze the cake
Remove the cake from baking tin and place it on cooling rack. Pour the chocolate glaze on the top as shown in the picture below.
Add some nuts of your choice to decorator you yummy chocolate pound cake. Let the cake cool down completely and the serve.
Chocolate Pound Cake Recipe
- Cocoa powder : 1/4 cup
- Butter : 1/2 cup
- Sugar : 3/4 cup
- Milk : 100 ml
- Semi sweet chocolate : 20 grams
- Egg : 2 piece
- Plain flour (maida) : 1 cup
- Salt : 1/4 tsp
- Baking powder : 1 1/3 tsp
- Put the butter in a sauce pan and melt the butter on low flame.
- Once the butter in melted add sugar, cocoa powder, milk and mix well. Cook till one boil.
- Place the chocolate pieces into a small bowl and add about 1/3 cup of the hot cocoa syrup. Stir to melt the chocolate and set aside.
- Separate the egg white from the yolk and whip the egg white until foamy and stiff peaks form.
- Add flour, salt and baking powder in cocoa mixture and mix well all the ingredients.
- Gently fold the whipped whites into the cocoa mixture and mix everything well.
- Pour the cake batter in baking tin. Cake batter is ready to bake.
- Preheat the oven on 180 C (350 F) for about 5 minutes.
- Grease and line a baking tin with parchment paper and pour in the chocolate pound cake batter.
- Place the cake tin in oven and bake at 180 C (350 F) for 35 minutes.
- Once baked, check the cake with a toothpick or skewer. Poke in center with toothpick and if it comes out clean then cake is done.
- Once the cake is ready, remove the cake from tin and place it on cooling rack.
- Pour the chocolate glace on top.
- Decorate the cake with some dry fruits of your choice.
- Serve the cake when it completely cool downs.
twikle saysNovember 15, 2016 at 9:40 pm
I need fire less cooking recipes but there are very less
twikle saysNovember 15, 2016 at 9:41 pm
But it is nice