Falafel Recipe for Salads & Wraps
Author: Gopi Patel
Recipe type: Snacks
Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Serves: 20 falafel
- Chickpea : 1 cup
- Coriander powder : 1 tsp
- Onion : 2 piece diced medium
- Asafoetida (hing) : 1/3 tsp
- Salt : 1 tsp
- Baking powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander : 1/2 cup chopped
- Black pepper : 1/2 tsp
- Roasted cumin (bhuna jeera) : 1 tsp
- Coriander seeds : 1 1/2 tsp
- Bread : 2 slices
- Soak the chickpeas in water for overnight for atleast for 5-6 hours.
- Take soaked chickpea in a mixture grinder jar and add chopped onions, baking powder, salt, coriander powder, roasted cumin seeds, coriander seeds, garlic, black pepper and asafoetida(hing) in it.
- Also add pieces of bread and fresh coriander (cilantro).
- Now grind the mixture together until you get thick paste of chickpea.
- Transfer the mixture in a bowl and take a small portion of mixture roughly size of lemon in your palm.
- Give ball shape by pressing the mixture between your palms. Press from the center and make in shape of tikki.
- Repeat the above steps and make falafel balls from remaining chickpea mixture.
- Now heat olive oil in a frying pan and carefully place the falafel balls in it.
- Cook the falafel balls in oil on one side till it turns golden brown. Flip the falafel balls and cook on other side.
- Once the falafel becomes golden brown, take them out of pan and let them cool down.
- Delicious falafel balls are ready to serve.
- Serve the falafel balls with salad, pita bread, tortillas and yogurt sauce.
Recipe by WeRecipes at https://werecipes.com/falafel-recipe-veg-falafel-recipe/