Capsicum Pulao Recipe, Recipe of Bell pepper pulav
Author: Gopi Patel
Recipe type: Main
- Basmati Rice: 1/2 cup, raw
- Capsicum : 1/2 cup , dices
- Green chili: 1 tsp, chopped
- Onion: 1/2 cup, sliced
- Star anies : 1 piece
- Oil: 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp, chopped
- Pepper corns: 4 piece
- Cashew nuts: 6 piece
- Cloves: 3 piece
- Salt:1 tsp or to taste
- Rinse the basmati rice in water till it runs out of starch and let it get soaked in water for 15-20 minutes.
- In a deep pot heat a tbsp of oil and temper cumin seeds, cloves, star anies and black pepper corn.
- Once the cumin seeds changes color add the soaked rice and stir it.
- Add water to the rice and mix well. For 1 part of rice you can add 2.5 parts of water.
- Cover the lid and cook the rice for 10 to 15 minutes until it is properly cooked. In between check if extra water is required.
- Remove the lid and check if rice is boiled properly. We don't need to overcook them. Let the rice have al dante texture (as in pasta).
- While rice is boiling you can chop the vegetables required for capsicum pulao. Slice the onions, chop the capsicum into 1/2 inch cubes and chop the coriander leaves.
- Now to stir fry veggies heat 1 tbsp of oil in a non-stick pan and add cashew nuts.
- Once the cashew nut is shallow fried take it out and keep aside.
- In the same pan add sliced onion and cook until they become soft.
- Add green chilies and capsicum and give a quick stir.
- Add salt as per your taste and mix well.
- Mix well all the ingredient and cook for 2 min or till the capsicum slightly remains under cooked..
- Add the boiled rice to it and mix well all the ingredients and cook for about another 2 min.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander and cashew nut.
- Capsicum pulao is ready. Serve the capsicum pulao hot with dahi raita or veg salad.
Recipe by WeRecipes at https://werecipes.com/capsicum-pulao-recipe-indian/