Veg Manchow Soup Recipe – Today let me share with you one of the soup recipe that is always on my menu when we go out for dinner. Well not always but mostly when I am in a mood of having Indo-Chinese food. Veg manchow soup is full of flavors and has lots of vegetables making it perfect broth for dinner. Soups are a great way to start a full meal. Half a bowl of soup helps starting the digestion process and help is reducing over eating.
Among all different soups that are available in Indian restaurant, I think tomato soup is the soup of choice for Indians and probably it is the most ordered soup on any restaurant’s menu. However there are few that are not left far behind. Veg manchow soup, sweet corn soup, hot and sour soup, clear soup etc. are few that tops the list.
I have seen kids are fond of veg manchow soup quite a lot. My 5 year old nephews make sure they get this Chinese soup whenever we go out for dinner. Although sometime it’s spicy they still complete the full bowl. We prefer to avoid outside food and hence always try to make this veg manchow soup at home. When you are making this soup for kids you can always improvise and make it little less spicy. Also we can change the soup consistency and make it healthy by reducing corn flour.
For this recipe of veg manchow soup I have used vegetable stock that makes it simple to cook and really good in taste. If you do not have vegetable.
Let us check how to make recipe of veg manchow soup at home with step by step pictures.
Veg Manchow Soup Recipe with Step by step Photo
As this is a vegetable soup recipe we will need quite a few veggies and ingredients. Following is the list of ingredients required to make veg manchow soup. Cabbage, green chilies, carrot, corn flour, soy sauce, spring onions, vegetable stock, ginger, green beans and garlic. I have mentioned all the ingredients along with their quantity at the end of this post so do stick around.
Let us start preparing Indo-chinese version of veg manchow soup at home. First we need to heat a non-stick pan and pour oil in it. Once the oil is hot add finely chopped garlic, ginger and green chilies.
Mix well and sauté ginger garlic for 30 seconds until the raw flavor is gone.
Now add finely chopped carrot, spring onion (green and onion) and cabbage.
Combine all the ingredients and saute for a minute. We don’t want to overcook the veggies as we want a bit of crunchy bite to the soup.
Now add the vegetable stock.And add the soya sauce.
Also add corn starch now. Take 1/4 cup of water and mix corn starch well. Then add this corn starch water in soup.
Mix nicely all ingredients and let the soup get simmer for some time.
Delicious restaurant style veg manchow soup is ready now. Just while serving garnish veg manchow soup with fried noodles and serve it hot.
Enjoy the hot vegetable manchow soup along with some delicious Chinese main course.
Let us check the recap of veg manchow soup in below recipe box.
Veg Manchow Soup Recipe Box
- Vegetable Stock: 2 cups
- Carrot: 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Cabbage: 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Spring onion: 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Green Beans: 1/4 cup finely chopped
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Ginger: 1 tbsp chopped
- Garlic: 1 tbsp chopped
- Green chili: 1 tsp chopped
- Corn flour: 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce: 1 tsp
- Salt: 1 1/2 tsp or to taste
- Finely chop all the veggies (green beans,carrot, spring onion, cabbage, green chili) and keep aside.
- Also prepare paste of ginger and garlic or finely chop them as well.
- In a pan heat 1 tbsp of oil and saute ginger,garlic and green chili for about 30 sec.
- Add all chopped veggies except for greens of spring onion and cook for about 2 min.
- Prepare corn flour mixture in water. Take 1/4 cup of water and dissolve corn flour in it.
- Add vegetable stock, soy sauce and corn flour mixture in soup and stir it.
- Corn flour thickens the soup hence increase or reduce as per your desired consistency.
- Finally add the the green of spring onion and salt as per your taste.
- Let the veg manchow soup get simmer on low flame for atleast 5 minutes.
- Delicious veg manchow soup is ready. Just before serving garnish the soup with fried noodles and serve it hot as a Chinese starter.
- Now cook the soup for about 5 min and the hot manchow soup is ready.
Check other Soup Recipes like sweet corn soup, carrot & coriander soup.
Install Free Android App
Get new recipes via Email. Enter your email address.